From a freelancer perspective, a freelancer:
- needs to listen intensely and communicate clearly.
- proactively structure and organise the mission’s objective to ensure success.
- does not have all the answers but is expected to learn fast.
- is expected to anticipate the unexpected and is constantly on their toes.
- has the ability, capability and motivation to deliver beyond their promise.
On the other hand, an employee:
- expects to have job securities.
- needs to work within the company structure and culture.
- is expected to be loyal and show-up.
- performance is not the only evaluation metric for their work.
- is expected to do what their are hired for.
Do you agree? As an employee? or freelancer?